Thread: AJo
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: AJo

Preflop: Standard, you have a great hand against a drunks range. Postflop, theres two lines I like, either 3 betting the flop, or just calling the flop with the intention of raising the turn. You must choose one. In this large pot you cannot afford to allow the 3rd guy to stay in here, you must make this a 2 player contest to give your hand the best chance possible of taking this pot down. I prefer 3 betting the flop to try to make this a heads up confrontation before the turn card. On the turn, when you just call and the other guy wakes up and raises, this is a very ominous sign. Given that this player cold called 3 bets preflop, smooth called the flop, and now raises the turn, this smells of pocket 88's or 66's or AK or a turned set of 99's. Although you are getting 13-1 to call this turn raise, I think its time to fold, you will be drawing dead too often to make calling correct even given these huge pot odds. Given that you called the turn, I really dont like your river play, this is not a good time to go for the checkraise becuz there is still too strong of a chance that you will be 3 bet by a better hand and you will have to call, I think you are much better off betting the river and calling a raise than going for the checkraise here.