View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Gettin\' jiggy with AA

Ok now I'll explain my thinking... By his turn raise, it was evident he had the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or maybe the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. And yes, if I 3-bet, there's a chance he would have capped. But I don't think he would have. He was a thinking opponent, and he would have smelt the Ace[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pretty soon. I'm almost positive he would have called a 3-bet and called the river, which is 4 bets... which is the exact same amount I got out of him.

Now, provided I was VERY confident he'd bet the river if I checked to him, I went with that line because it not only got the four bets out, but it did two things: it made it look like I was totally bluffing the entire hand, so that my river checkraise would seem very odd to him... he might even 3-bet the river. Plus, it eliminated the very small chance of him folding the turn if I 3-bet and he only held, say, the Jack of hearts.

I still kinda think I should have 3-bet, but I think it's very close. Against this opponent, I'm happy with my line.