View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: TT first hand at new table vs brown trouter

I don't really love the preflop. If the BB will call with anything best to charge him two bets now. Further, I think your equity edge against an open raise increases if you make it more likely you can get TAG to fold earlier in the hand (ie, the fewer cards he sees the lower the chance he pairs up and beats you if he has two overs). I don't know, but I suspect three-betting and then betting most flops will get him to drop overs (AQ on a K high board, for ex).

Regardless of whether that is correct or not, I don't get the reasoning on the flop. I don't see a TAG calling because he missed. I think he either hit really hard (flush draw, trips, boat, maybe TP) and doesn't want to lose customers. I don't see why he'd just call with an aggressive player still to act behind him, if he has a marginal hand I think he has to drop it or raise and hope to get you to drop. Doesn't mean he can't have a weak hand but I don't see a good TAG playing it like that often. I think the line is fine however.

Turn, seems to make sense. I don't know how sure you can reasonably be of the things you are assuming, but whatever. Regardless of what BB has, I'm not worried about pushing him out now that I think I'm drawing, so I think calling is fine. I'd consider raising though since TAG can be betting a lot of hands that might be behind you, but then I also don't want to get three-bet.

River is fine, but I wouldn't worry about "getting information" on his hand. You're taking that line b/c it maximizes your expectation, the fear of him folding worse hands and raising better ones is why you don't raise, not not getting to see his hand.