View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 06:13 PM

Default why berating people is bad

this is from my other post explaining why i called out elcheapo for berating:

so anyways. i called him out for a reason. and it goes beyond just his simple insults at the table. first of all, he was increadibly stubborn and childish in a thread of mine a while back. so as soon as i saw the name, i remembered that he was a total dueche. i felt after his behavior he deserved to be shown how badly he behaved. i a VERY uncontoversial person at most times, however certain things to provoke me enough to get pissed about. berating people at the table by a 2p2er is one of them. (unfairness, bias and strong prejudices are a few others) basically it just bothers me a lot that a "good" player, sometimes even a pro will act in such a childish, and unprofessional manner at the table. most professionals could not act that way. in doyle's "wisdom of a poker champ" book he talks about how much he detests table coaches. he mentions how a pro was insulting a player across the table for being "such an idiot" for drawing to that str8 (or whatever it was). the man was actually a doctor, and later when the berating pro collapsed from a chest pain, how horrible would it have been for the doctor to say "c'mon. of course its not a heart attack. its just heartburn you moron.". most doctors would be ashamed if they heard another doctor speak to a victim, or patient that way. i'm a pro poker player. i'm ashamed when another "pro" acts in such a way. its bad for poker. its bad for me. and its bad for any pro, or any other person who likes to play poker a lot. obviously these people are immature, and usually very insecure, so the feel the need to inflate the ego from time to time at others' expense. its really a shame though that they can't just enjoy the fact that they get to make money by playing a game. not many people get to do that.