Thread: This TOC Thing
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Isn\'t this a redundant statement?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that someone referenced the WSOP tournament rules, which state that Harrahs' reserves the right to cancel, change or modify the WSOP at any time, for any reason. I don't think that gets you any closer to an answer to David's question because WSOP is defined as "all forty-five (45) events from June 2, 2005 through July 15, 2005, and its related satellites."

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell you just made up this narrowly defined definition to suit your premise. Harrahs' owns the trademark to the WSOP. It makes more sense to presume that the WSOP circuit tournaments fall unders their auspicious and therefore their rules, terms and conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with you?

Instead of "presuming" and acting like a (censored), just read the definition yourself.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/rules.asp

The "narrow" language you think I "made up to suit [my] premise" was copied and pasted from paragraph 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shouldn't enter this fray but using your link that would mean there was no WSOP in 2004,2003,2002,2001 and so on. You get the drift I hope.

Allow me to quote from your link both paragraphs one and two:

1. As used herein, “Harrah’s” means Rio Properties, Inc. and/or HHLV Management Company, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company.
2. Entry into the World Series of Poker (herein “WSOP” refers to all forty-five (45) events from June 2, 2005 through July 15, 2005, and its related satellites) is limited to players 21 years of age or older with valid proof of age.

It is pretty obvious that the use of the word herein only applies to the 2005 timeframe outlined in paragraph two. It is also obvious that you edited the portion of paragraph two to suit your position.

You also chose to ignore "and its related satellites" which can easily be construed to include the Circuit events since many satellites are held months before the dates you listed above.

This leads back to the OP's position that the tradmark owned by Harrahs allows them complete and total control of any event associated with the WSOP name.

In short if you are going to post innacurate proof you should at least be smart enough not to post a link that refutes your own position.