Thread: I'm very sorry
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
The quality of this forum improved when moderation of the trolls was stepped up a while back, and I appreciate the effort Dynasty and Mat have put into it.

That said, Paul Phillips was not a troll, and nothing in his deleted post was moderation-worthy (IMO).

Banning him is an even worse decision than (effectively) banning Abdul was.

2+2 will still be the best poker discussion forum on the 'net even with Paul Phillips gone, at least in the short run and probably for the forseeable future.

Just don't ban Barry Greenstein, Gigabet, Fossilman, and MajorKong next. They are all in the same category as Paul Phillips and Abdul Jalib were -- consistently insightful posters whose thoughts are (were) always worth reading. Axe too many of those guys (and similar posters), and everyone else will start to leave as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think Dynasty and Mat are doing an excellent job of improving the quality of this forum and others on this site.

Some people abuse the Internet to post all sorts of insults, obsenity, etc. This forum in particular attracts people who are not good poker players who like to insult and harass "celebrities" they see on TV, and post various other garbage.

It seems, however, that the disagreements with Paul Phillips could be resolved in a less public and confrontational manner. The impression is given that criticism is not acceptable.

Moderators need to keep the real garbage posts out of the forum. However, as the other poster said, the moderation should be as invisible as possible. This has not been the case on this and some other forums.