View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 PM

Default should A/Ks be raised pre-flop ?

I believe most who have played against me would consiter me a strong LIMIT player at most forms of poker,But i'm the first to admit that because of lack of experance I have a lot to learn in pot,or no limit.heres a hand that knocked me out of a no-limit touryment...I'm delt A/Ks in the B.B.[$15.] four players call including the S.B.I decide not to raise but to see what the flop brings ..the flop is A/K/10 rainbow.I leed off with a $175.the U.T.G.player raises it $250.everyone folds to me.My thinking was since he didnt raise preflop he proubly floped 2 pair rather than a set or possibly the straight,so i went all in with a $525.re-raise.Well he did flop the straight,and I realize that all my chips were going to go into the pot at some time during that hand,but I ask myself mayby I should have made a preflop raise of say $250.to get rid of a hand like J/Q ?see at limit play it dont work once the get in they will simply call the raise [10/20 15/30 games].Looking back I tend to think that a preflop raise is the best play at No-limit.Im looking for critisim so if you think I played this hand poorly Please give me your thoughts Thanks in advance ..Herb Novitsky : [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]