View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Whatīs most important in a NL-MTT? Preflop-system?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometime the situation is good based on how tight the players are in the blinds, on the bubble for example. Some other time you get a good number because of position and handstrength.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tight players in the blinds....good position and handstrength. These situations call for VERY different plays. This is what I mean about using the system incorrectly. If a situation got a good rating, how do you know if it's because of tight players in the blinds or good postion and hand strength? It's impossible to determine the correct play based on your number system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, i agree. Itīs very much about the situation. And a one number rating is of course impossible to get.

But then, when you are reasoning about a situation, you make some "rating" about all these points, and then you make a decision based on how good all these points are.

What i am aiming for, is to break down the "decision-process" into small pieces. And then try to estimate of how much importance every point is. And as you see i havenīt thought it true very deep yet, but with some brainstorming here we might end up with something valueful.

I want to see the whole decision-process as a blueprint or puzzle. And maybe numbers isnīt the way to this.