View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: What´s most important in a NL-MTT? Preflop-system?

The point is that you already consider these things when playing. You should always be attempting to put your opponents on a range of hands based on how they are playing. You should always consider your position and know that your hand has relative value. These are nothing new and, in fact, something that every player should already think about when making decisions in a game. You can't place a value on a lot of these, however if you refer to HOH and Dan's explanation of calculating your EV you always assign a percentage value to your villain holding certain hands and base your decision over how likely you think it is that villain holds "X" holdings versys "Y" holdings and always throwing in the percentage of times you think villain will bluff.

Creating a system like what you are describing is not a worthwhile effort is what I'm saying. Someone could probably spend a lot of time developing this system but it wouldn't show enough of a positive return to make the time spent worthwhile. Beyond that I don't think the players that frequent this forum, myself included, are fans of the idea that a system could be created to sum up everything we've spent years (cumulatively) learning. Like I said previously, learn WHY you make certain decisions rather than what the right decision is based on certain variables as there are times where the variables may be right but other things can change the way you would play it.

I doubt you'll get very many positive responses to the idea of a system as most of the posters here prefer others to become thinking players as opposed to robots.