View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: AQ OOP vs. unknown

[ QUOTE ]
Against unknown 3/6 opponents, who are both looser and more passive than those at 5/10 or 10/20, you have the best hand here a lot. These players peel with anything . You are also not going to be raised very often, so even if you don't have the best hand you will see the river for 1 BB. Also, they are less likely to bluff the river, meaning you don't need to invest a BB on the river. I think all these things make it a bet.

Even at 10/20, I bet in this spot a ton and feel as if I take it down way more than I would need for it to be +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey lmn,

At the 10/20 there are lots of loose players who are flop peelers but give up on the turn pretty easily. They are easy to spot and this would be a good continuation bet on the turn vs that type of opponent.

Unknowns at 3/6-5/10 I would assume to be, on average, somewhat too loose and too passive. For us to have the best hand here a significant %age of the time we need both players to be complete donks, peeling with things like gutshots + unders and Ax and J9. Against one player I think it's an easy value/continuation bet. 3 players is an easy check (and possibly call depending on action / pot size). Against 2 players it becomes trickier, but I think you may be overestimating the frequency with which we still have the best hand here - these types of players won't raise a weak T on the flop, part of the reason we can fire that 2nd barrel at 10/20 is because so many 1 pair hands would have raised us on the flop so they can be eliminated from our opponent's possible holdings.

I think slightly undervaluing big unpaired cards in small, multiway pots is the way to go in these loose small-stakes games. Our hand is reverse dominated or drawing to 6 outs far too often in these situations.

Surf