View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Thinking all Wrong on These 2 BB hands?

I'm fairly new to online no limit so take my advice for what its worth, but here is how I wouldve played these hands.

In the first hand, I think you really need to reraise preflop. You should be making your opponents pay to have position on you postflop when you know that you have the best hand preflop. I wouldve made a play on the flop, either betting out or checkraising. Notice how if you reraised preflop when you had the best of it, it makes your postflop play easier. Reraising preflop basically diagrams AK/AA/KK so if you bet the flop or checkraise you have a good idea where you stand by how your opponent reacts. I think on the turn, checking and calling is the wrong move. You have to consider the impending bet on the river as well. Personally I wouldve folded to the bet on the turn. On the river I wouldve folded as well, as there is almost nothing that he could have that you beat.

In the second hand, the are put in a very awkward position with that flop. A bet is unlikely to take the pot down, as it is rather coordinated in an unraised pot, and probably hit someone. I dont like the check raise here because it looks like you are probably drawing. I may be weak tight in these situations but I would probably fold to the overbet here. I would perhaps recommend the raise with position, but in EP you are put in such an awkward spot when you are called and miss on the turn.