View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

Given that details can be fudged by creative editing, it's difficult to know exactly what happened.

But here are my thoughts: If I've been playing well for 3 days and building my stack, giving myself a shot at 7.5 million in prize money, and in one hand I have the 2nd nuts and run into the nuts, for a significant amount of my chip stack, yes, I'm going to be pretty crushed.

I know he wasn't eliminated, but his reaction leads me to believe that the blow to his chip stack was significant enough to warrant some grieving.

I'd be happy as a pig in.....green sludge, if I won 250 grand or whatever. But, any moves up from that are significant as well, so I'd hate missing out.

Just like if you finish 2nd overall and 1st gets all the glory with the bracelet and twice as much prize money, you'd probably be a little upset there as well, even though 2nd place prize money against that large of a field is still freaking amazing.