View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Confidence Boosting -- 10/20 Hand #4 (of 4)

[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea what you are doing here. if you think you are behind, as the turn check indicates, why do you 3bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

not that I necessarily agree with the 3-bet, but there's a big difference between the flop 3-bet and the turn check. the turn check basically means he values his 5 potential outs more than the value of an additional bet. the flop 3-bet is mostly dictated by his pot odds, which justify staying in, and 3-betting is mandatory to blow the button off a couple of overs. if the button caps it or calls 2 and bets the turn, schneids has a pretty easy fold

he's probably best here around half the time so there's very little value in betting. also, checking the turn might induce a bluff on the river from a hand that would've folded (doubtful).

let's say he bet the turn and was called. the river is a pretty thin value bet. so he's getting 1 bet from this guy either way, and he'd rather maximize his chances of sucking out if he's behind. he also won't get blown off the best hand this way, though that is also doubtful.

I don't think there's much difference between any of the 3 lines (check then bet or call, bet then check, or bet then bet again) since he's probably close 50/50 with this guy

EDIT: I missed that he has a heart draw. I think he has to bet because the extra bet he gains on the river when he connects far outweighs him getting c/r'ed on the turn