View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 04:00 PM

Default bottom set facing a check raise

Hi, this is the first post asking for advice on a play, so far I'm reasonably successfull at extreemly low no-limit games but here was a hand I was uncertain about as the player I was in the hand was actually quite good and I'm used to playing with very weak players, the game is 0.05c-0.1c no limit holdem.

I was in middle position with a pair of tens and about $10 in front of me, and open limp for 0.1c 2 callers and the two blinds see the flop AJT suits not important, it is checked around to me so I bet 0.80c into a pot of 0.50c, the small blind ($30) raises $2, I moved all in for an extra $8 and he had the straight.

Normaly I play this way and sometimes I lose but more often I'm against a pair or a draw as there are some really weak players at this level. The problem with this hand was the guy wasnt a idiot and in the 2.5 hours I was at the table I didnt really spot any mistakes from him, I think for him to call in this spot he would either want the straight, trips or 2 pair. For him to check raise me in this way though all he would have needed is top pair with a inside straight draw or better, i.e. AK or AQ, how should I play bottom set against a check raise from a player like this with a board where you dont want to lose initiative or give cheap cards but also have to be aware of strong hands existing allready?