View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 08:29 PM

Default 6 Weeks and Counting

Ok I have experienced downswings before, some last 1 week, some last 2 weeks, lost a few buy ins nothing crazy.

This last one has been going on for 6 weeks, and I play about 700 hands a day so its a long long time. Its to the point that its actually cutting into my bankroll, I lost about 25% of it so far. I have been wondering what to do. Now I know I should play through or something, but my bankroll is hurting right now, I was well overbankrolled for my level, but still damn.

I started playing another game actually because its been so bad in my usual game. Its to the point where I wonder if I can even win. Its also odd as people tell me, WTF are you playing higher stakes or did you change your game or something? I was used to doing somewhat ok monthly, but damn. Anyway anyone ever experienced a long downswing like this? Also should I stop playing poker for like a week or two. I have begun to play 100PLO instead of my usual game 200PLO8 and so far I have been winning at that game. Im thiking of playing other games for a while or something, its just odd that after playing PLO8 for 8 months suddenly I cant play it.

Anyway any ideas would help me out, just cant think of what to do.

Also sorry about the downswing post, its just that 6 weeks seem like a long long time to me.