View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: ROI from folding all the way to the pushing zone?

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play like that. The only hands I would play before I was push/fold mode were AA, KK, QQ, AK, and I'd limp with PP. You can beat the 11s and 22s with a positive ROI playing like this as long as you are good with ICM and pushing on the bubble. I can't speak for higher levels of play, but from what I hear this doesn't work at 55s and higher. It's not the optimal way to play, but if you are a poker neophyte and suck at post-flop play, it might be the best way for you to start.

If you ever want to be a true STT cognoscenti though, you have to learn how to play post flop in the early levels. 6-max NL ring helped me a lot with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my post-flop play it ok, but if I start 8 tabling I want to keep it simple to start off with.
I'm going to try dropping to the $11's and play sets of 8 using this strategy. My ICM, bubble play and ITM play are pretty sound, so I’ll play 250 sngs and see what my stats look like.
If I’m +ROI it "should" prove my late play is good. Then I can work on early level post-flop skills.

Thanks for the comments