View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Calling PF with small PP - without odds

[ QUOTE ]
You're within the 5/10 rule (call $4 which is less than 5% of your stack). Raiser's stack is an little light, though. You're 7.5:1 to spike a set or better and you're calling $4 to win the pot + the raiser's stack (if you think he'll give you action after the flop). So I think you do have the implied odds to call. I'm more concerned about flopping a set to an overset since I'm holding 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

This rule should be revised to deal only with effective stacks. The PF raiser put about an 8th of his stack in already. There's no guarantee that the other players will come along if you call, and certainly no guarantee that any of them will put anything else into the pot even if they do call PF. There's also the possibility of a reraise behind you, and the fact that you won't even win every time you flop bottom set. If the raiser will make this raise with AK, this makes a call even worse because you won't always stack him when you flop a set, but you will always fold to the inevitable continuation bet when you don't. Easy fold.