View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker 10k 1000% Bonus

I deposited for the $10k bonus back when it was still 15x (13.5x if you clear the whole thing). What I do now is play at Hollywood to clear this bonus whenever there aren't other good bonuses worth clearing at the same time (ie. I'm skipping the 20x Empire/Multi/etc bonuses).

It releases $50 for every 750 points aquired and you need to clear $9000 worth of those to get the full $10k bonus. I look at it like this: $9000/$50 = 180 of these $50 chunks you need to clear in 365 days, which basically means you need to be clearing one at least every other day to clear the full bonus.

I typically play $2/$4 full ring games, 3 or 4 tabling and I don't have exact numbers, but you can clear 750 points that way in a reasonably short amount of time. Once I've got a little more in my BR there I'll move up to $3/$6 or higher, where it will clear even faster with the new point structure there. After a little over a month of making the deposit, I've cleared 16 of the $50 chunks, so I'm pretty much on track to clear it all, and that's with taking probably 1.5 weeks off in the middle to clear other bonuses at Party/Stars/Empire/etc.

In short, I think this bonus is doable/decent if you play $2/$4 or above, although now that they've changed it to 18x/20x it's not quite as easy or attractive a bonus.