View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Getting reraised with AK, biggest leak in my game

Middle limit Holdem by Ciaffone and Brier talks about this situation.

Playing, posting hands, and trying to figure it out, and then repeating, is also a good way to try and figure it out. The fact that you aren't happy with your play, and that you are trying to improve in this situation, and it is a tough situation, indicates that you are ready to try and figure out how to improve in this spot.

Look at the list of questions that I posed in response to your original post in this thread, try and figure out how each one affects your play, and then at different times, try and use the answer to choose a play.

Sometimes the right answer is check and fold, sometimes it is make some other play.

Anytime you get three bet, you are obviously in danger, but when you have AK, at the same time, you frequently have outs, or sometime even the lead. Sometime you will post a hand, and someone will respond 'do this, and then play poker.' What they are trying to tell you, is that you have to figure out, where you are in the hand, and how to best proceed. In this situation it is very opponent and situation dependent, and you have to figure out your opponent, and the situation, and get to an answer.

No matter how good you are, you are going to make a lot of mistakes in this situation, but with more experience, you will sometime be able to figure out when you are likely ahead, and when you are likely behind, and when you can't figure it out, and have to make a guess.

Play some more, post some more, and then try and figure it out some more, and after a while, you will be writing a response to this question for someone else.

I know that I didn't give you any specific advice here, but I hope that this helped.