View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Reads when 4+ tabling

"The way I make them is like this: (100,6h) 4bb raise w/ A4o EP big stack. This means blinds are 50/100, its 6 handed, and he raised 400 in EP with a big stack with A4o."

I just thought I would share my note taking code, in case someone else wants it. I had been hording it, but hey, in the spirit of sharing.

Using the quotes example, my note would be: A4114 L46h tall.

A4 is off-suit.
First "1" refers to EP=1/MP=2/LP=3
Second "1" refers to raiser being first in.
Third "4" refers to the size in BB of their bet.
L46h = Level 4, 6-handed
tall = duh.

So, another example would be someone who re-raises AKs in LP after an EP raiser + 1 caller. His raise 7 BB when the EP had raised 3BB. Level 2, 8-handed, tall.

r:AKs337r3 L28h tall.
The only real difference here is the addition of "r3" which represents the raise he was raising when he put in 7BB.

It might seem obscure, but I really like to know what people are willing to re-raise with. I find that to be one of the most telling indications of: their knowledge of hand values, their aggression (esp. when tall), and just in general how they react to raises.

I find that this note taking captures many different details about a person's play (not just one factoid), and I have become ridiculously fast reading and writing it. Also, its very easy to turn the HH data into that format.