View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 PM

Default 99 vs overcards and 3 callers - Im a little lost

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Just sat down, less than one orbit, but the normal party table w/4 or 5 to every flop. No one has done anything noteworthy to this point.

I have been trying to work on playing my 99 and TT more aggressively. What do you think.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Everyone calls and I don't think MHIG here.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Was this weak, should I bet? I know alot of players will call (and have odds to do so) with any pair on the flop in this situation. Now that it is more expensive for them should i bet and see what happens? Hope for a late bet and cr? Against 1 or 2 players, I feel a lot better about putting in another bet. What is the standard line here?

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn was checked around. With these passive players, either it was a weak king and I am hosed or MHIG, so I assume this is standard.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Thanks,

mitch