Thread: 1/2 limit on PS
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: 1/2 limit on PS

I think you played both hands fine. Scumbag has 6 outs in the first hand, you just got unlucky. If he was slowplaying trips, then he'd almost certainly wake up on the turn, so I would think you are good here. The river is unlikely to have helped him. I think any hand that has you beat will call or checkraise you, while any hand you have beat(Like two overcards which a lot of players like to play to the river) will just fold. Raising for value is not correct here in my opinion, and checking behind is fine.

Second hand it looks like you both played this hand right postflop, scumbag should of course not call with that hand preflop. I think you played fine though, you have no reason to believe you are behind, and a lot of the time you'll be up against Ax or something similar. When he reraises you on the river you are probably beaten, but the pot is much to big to fold.

I think you played both hands fine, but you got unlucky on both. You should post some winning hands also, since a lot of the money people loose is actually from not getting enough value on the hands they win.