Thread: Debtable one..
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Debtable one..

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the preflop play at all. When you open-call you have no real idea if you can get paid off if you hit your speculative hand and you are out of position with what will most likely be a draw; and when you call the raise you must know you're behind and likely to face resistance, and you're going to be caught between the bettor and the rest of the field for the remainder of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one thing i didn't consider at all. Thanks.

I knew they were coming preflop, should have considered after that.

This is usually a straight forward muck but i started thinking why it is a straight forward muck. My reason was the preflop raise damages my implied odds. Then i realised that was wrong. Since after the preflop raise the pot gets bigger so the bet size also increases on the flop, so the implied odds are the same.

Now i've actually thought about it again it's a dumb move. Since if he's capable of pot betting on the flop i have to fold after his preflop raise i have to fold.

[ QUOTE ]

Can't see anything wrong with the rest since BB didn't make a proper bet at any stage. Really you're just checking it down, more or less. Could it have been worth a big bet on the river? Or would you just prefer to see his cards?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was pretty easy to tell he has AK AQ at the end which i figured just weren't calling. Meanwhile i could put a long shot on him having 99 TT and got soft which would of course call.