Thread: AQo hell
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: AQo hell

I think I just have to check/fold this river I'm afraid. Somebody must surely hold a heart in their hand, if not a full house from a badly played AA? I may call a reasonable bet but I just concede this pot at the river. Your $13 bet is absolutely begging to be raised from the BB, as he's pretty much committed he's likely to push with any hand he came this far with. Either bet nearer half the pot, which puts both villians ALL-IN or just check it and fold/call it IMO.

I don't like raising this hand in the SB, especially such a small bet as 0.65. You've now built the pot for a hand which is far from made, OOP to all villians for the whole hand. If you raise, raise it higher to make sure you can get heads up. You need to define your hand as a strong one so you have at least some fold equity if the flop misses and you make a continuation bet. I also fold to the re-raise. AA, AK, KK, QQ all have you in bad shape and with a tight villian, playing out of the BB I have to give him credit for one of these hands. As it is, calling has got you into trouble when you hit the flop, but don't know how hard it has also hit your villians.