View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AA Deep Stacks

yeah thatīs what i would do if i were playing 2/4 - bet 2/3 pot... i mean thatīs what the book says, right?

however, seeing as how if iīm hero, iīm playing 10/20 with 200BB against "loose goofy" iīd probably not scream overpair quite so loud, as kane mentioned, since it is very easy for him to bluff raise on the turn especially if he has a large draw, knowing hero canīt reasonably call with anything but QQ or 99. I agree with the first poster, this was my initial reaction as well, that he has some sort of big draw or a set with a big draw being much more likely. stacks are deep buuuut I still kind of like a big raise here... or fold. iīm sort of torn given the depth of the stacks, if you had 50 BB less iīd say itīs a check/push on the turn but here you wonīt get caleld unless youīre beaten so your read has to be damned good to make this a profitable push for protection since you lose a crapload when he does call with a better made hand. it seems like your read isnīt too good (hence the posting of this hand) so i donīt think a fold is too far off though iīd probably push because my read vs a loose goofy unknown is 75/25 (anyone wanna do the math for my lazy self given these numbers?) and my instinct says itīs a close decision and i like to push. added benefit of you maybe still getting called by the 14 out-ish draw since people like those.