View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Always open raise or fold, never open limp? Expert opinions

[ QUOTE ]
Although I disagree that all these players advocate never open-limping (and most of the commentary I have seen from Ferguson involves tournament strategy, which is different from ring game strategy) you are wrong to state this about mrwatson23:

[ QUOTE ]
In your first post you had nothing about only UTG play or being forst to act at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mistakenly attempt to nitpick when he said this in his original post (emphasis added):

[ QUOTE ]
I take this to mean that Ray doesn't agree with the open raise or fold, never open limp strategy. However here are a few players who do advocate this pre-flop strategy:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JR you would have done yourself a great service to have avoided this thread entirely. Since you opened your mouth and inserted your foot allow me to give it a little shove.

In Bridge you open, in jacks or better draw you open, in beer drinking you open, even in 7Stud you open (more commomly called the "bring-in). In holdem you call, fold or raise the action is already open. Calling is also called limping, pretty straightforward. Any game with forced blinds is already open so nothing you do from the UTG position on can be called an open bet. Since his terminology meant nothing I could not read his mind as well as you.

At any rate terminology aside the players he named do not advocate never limping whether first, 2nd, 3rd to act nor in any position for that matter.