View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Default I quit live poker.

I quit live poker because I play mostly limit and I can only find no limit games that bring my heart rate up and make me feel cold and uncomfortable. I also hate the scene. I will continue to 5 table fixed limit online as I have been for a while now.

I will play live only if it is a for fun homegame that my friends (not my serious poker buddies) want to play in... i.e. to drink a few beers and shoot the [censored] for a $5 or $10 buy in.

I think this will slightly cut in to my poker earnings but I think I will be happier in general because it will mean i'm playing less poker, but more importantly it will remove me from that scene of addicted individuals. I will also no longer be held down to times when my local card rooms are open.

Playing online I do in the comfort of my home and easily go on auto-pilot w/ the hand rate being so fast. I get bored, loose, and as I previously mentioned just generally uncomfortable playing live.

Anyone else find this? quit playing live, you'll probably be able to make more online anyway with that time. While the players are CLEARLY worse live, I just don't enjoy it anymore (unless I'm with close friends).

OK. Now I'm beginning to slow down my obsession. That's the second step of my program. The first was playing only during times when I could be actually PAID to PLAY (i.e. bonus whoring).

Now I'm paid to play and am a +ev player. Time management, obsession, and poker. All tough issues to deal with.

Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening.