View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Are \'bollocks\' sometimes on US tongues these days?

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just find it depressing because it's a cardroom and it's just a bunch of sad old losers sitting around wasting time and money, not having fun, bitching at people and being complete nits (I get chastised by them for talking to my friends during a hand, even after we've both folded), sprinkled with the odd cocky WPT kid who takes 15 minutes on every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't drink and drive you idiot, it's innocent people's lives you're risking. It's especially stupid to do it in a country where you have to drive on the other side of the road and where driving is much more difficult anyway (narrower roads, roundabouts, warning signs being weird pictures rather than words etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

i was mostly joking around - 6 drinks over the course of a 6 hour flight doesn't get me drunk...if i thought i was too drunk to drive i could have had the guy i was with drive. i think i was hitting that stupid bus one way or the other; i was sooooo discombobulated being on the right side of the car. it was really quite embarassing.

drunk driving is not in my repertoire.