View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Baseball: The American League Playoff Race

I agree with Boris- well done analyses.

I also have to agree that the Mariners are now a long shot to make the playoffs, even as a wildcard. As I posted more than a month ago the Mariners needed to maintain a 4-5 game lead going into the last 2 weeks of the season to give themselves a reasonable chance to get to the playoffs. They have played sub par baseball for over three weeks now and lost their chance. If I bet on sports, I would want 4/1 odds to lay money on the Mariners right now to make the playoffs. Sad but true, the team just seemed to run out of gas. But no regrets about "my" team, they have played very well most of the season and still have a outside chance. Go Mariners.

The match up for the AL playoffs will be excellent and the games should all be gritty baseball, I hope. Can the Yanks sweep the Twins? I’m will be looking forward to the games no matter what teams end up on the field.

By the way, Dynasty – How is the baseball league thing going- hope you post the results at the end of the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

-Zeno