View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: $22: missed push?

[ QUOTE ]
They do need a very good hand to call you, but you can't assume they know that. There are plenty of monkeys at the $22s that will call you w/ way lesser hands than you would possibly imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are correct.

I guess this relates to a concept that I have heard others refer to in passing, but has not been talked about much.

I base my pushes not only on ICM, but also on, for lack of a better word, larger game factors. You begin to recognize what 'type' of game will take place based upon the stack sizes of all the remaining players. This is not going to be a game where folding ITM will happen. A bunch of us are somewhat comfortable, yet somewhat short in chips. Soon, the blinds will be even higher and many of us are about to become shortstacks.

In spots like this, the aggressive player will usually prevail. I'm probably not explaining this concept well, but I think that a strength of mine is recognizing what style of play (when faced with close decisions) is called for based upon the chipstacks and blinds. This is a game that I will have to be aggressive and gamble a bit.

I hope this makes sense, but it probably just sounds like a bunch of mush. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm writing this, not to sound like some kind of expert, just to see if anyone else has thought about this concept.