View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Looking for cheapo hotel rooms in Vegas 10/6-10/10

Well as a government worker, I get a holiday that just about no one else gets - 10/10/05 Columbus Day. That make the drive home from Vegas to Los Angeles all that much easier...on a Monday. I am going to head up on the previous Thursday. The stumbling block has been room prices. I like staying on the strip close to either Mirage or Bellagio. IP and Aladdin have been VERY accomodating in the recent past with room rates around $40-50 per weeknight and $50-80 for weekends along with free food/slotplay. Unfortunately, both properties have been sold and the cheapo offers have dried up.

So with that in mind, I am hoping that someone is aware of any decent room offers in that vicinity of the strip. After much searching online including travelaxe, travel websites, and hotel websites, the best I can find are:

Stratosphere $95 per night/avg - hotels-in-usa.net
Frontier $105/night avg - i4vegas.com
Stardust $95/night avg - bookvegas.com

Problem is these are all far from any decent cardrooms except Frontier which is a dump. So with that in mind, I looked up downtown rooms and figured I would just save the money:

Lady Luck $67/night average - expedia.com
Plaza $59/night average - hotel website
Las Vegas Club $55/night average - hotelkingdom.com

My inclination is to stay at Plaza. I have stayed at LVC before and it is OK, but the rooms are kinda dumpy in the South Tower. Plaza seemed nicer when I went there about 4 months ago.

So---does anyone know of any specials or room offers available on the strip that weekend? Thanks!