View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Hand from a SSNL scrub

With no read, I think you can go either or. I would probably choose folding here, only because, as Shakespeare said, "discretion is the better part of valor." Your hand is pretty good shorthanded, I would have to think he can only reraise you preflop with a better hand. AA or AK. If he had jacks, he would've just called to let you keep betting the hand for him. Same if he had AJ. You probably should've checked to see what he would do and then bet on the turn. If I chose to call the all in it would only be because, for whatever reasons, jokers at the $1-2 NL tables hate pot-sized raises on the flop and always reraise all in with any piece of the flop middle pair and up. I don't know why they do it, but they have no respect for the raiser. If you get such a read on the villan, then I would call that every time. When I have a hand such as yours and I'm playing at that limit, which I do from time to time, and I'm up against such a player, I call because you'll often see things like J10, J9, KJ, QJ and you have him crushed.
Also, keep your eye on the BB. What the heck was he calling a raise and a reraise with out of position? You need to pick on that guy, that's where you're going to make your money.