View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Is cocaine bad for you?

It sure isn't GOOD for you (unless being used medicinally- even the feds admit that cocaine has medical benifits, esp for treating infected tissue)

cocaine, like most drugs, is extremely dnagerous physically, psychologically, emotionally, and financially- not to mention that it's very illegal- buit the dangers are generally overstated, IMO, and are serious only for those with the risk factors that exacerbate the negitive effects of the drug.

People with addictive personalties, psychological disorders (esp bipolar and schitzo folks), histories of drug problems, poor people, young people, unhealthy people, etc... SHOULD NOT do coke. others may decide for themselves, as far as i care. i've done it before, and found it to be much more managable, enjoyable, and safe than say, extacy or methamphetimine. It's also not as addictive as people think. I used to hear the old line about how 'ciggerattes are more addictive than cocaine" and think "That's BS- i smoke cigs and they're not THAT addictive"... then i tried coke. After a day or so i was done with it (for a while- [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). If i go a day or more without a ciggerette i'm ready to mug old ladies for a drag. the 'white christ' is also not as expensive as people make it out to be- for $20 one can have a fun night, for $100, four people can stay up till noon the next day. it's very easy to spend much more than that on drinks, weed, etc...

basicly, don't swallow all the horror stories and propaganda about drugs- decide for yourself; Of course, be smart, be careful to know exactly what you're putting in your body, and take responsibility for your own use.

all IMO.