Thread: Seeing Monsters
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Seeing Monsters

Hi hecubus,

Welcome to the forum. It is extremely odd for you to say that you know someone would have flopped trips on you. How are you getting this instinct? It is not logical for you to state this.

Think of all the hands that an opponent could call your flop bet. Any ace? Any pocket pair? A flush draw? A straight draw? Most low-limit players will take one off the flop (perhaps even the turn) with the above mention, as well as king-high in some cases. Combine all the hands possible versus the ones that have you beat (AA and any 4), I think your chances of being ahead is overwhelmingly good.

Unless I have five or more players to the flop, I would not be so concerned with being behind with your particular example. Make the pair a 10, J, or Q, then it's much more believable. And even then, I may still be value betting/raising, and that would completely depend on the type of player that I am opposing.

What you need is experience and more experience. Keep enjoying the learning and playing process, and good luck.