View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?

Was watching the news the other day, and saw a pastor in New Orleans, at the stadium. When asked the above question he said "There are no answers..."

So I decided to "ghost" God.

Yes, yes, we can't prove there is a God, it all depends on faith. But if there were.

So I'm God here for a moment. I can't believe it, I'm winning one hand after another at this $100/200 table...

Well he saved Moses, with the red sea thing. And sent Joseph to Egpyt with Jesus. So why let all these people die in natural disasters. I would like to guess that, they weren't listening. I'm guessing there are a lot of people who are "christian" who don't know God. But I don't see anyone going around healing like it said in the disciples did. I'd have to say if you were close with him, he'd tell you to get out. Not to say I don't feel bad about the loss, it was sad.

Makes we wonder sometimes, why people are into self help, and sarcastic about God? Every day you're becoming a more honest person, or not,ect. I'd say I have faith there is a God, and try to adjust my values/priorities into those He holds, so worst case, I have a happy life, because I have edited my personality to derive happiness from being good, and I die with no-where to go.

But my beliefs are sincere, let the pot-odds on god die.
I wasn't the first to try, Pascal was.