View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: General pot odds question

[ QUOTE ]
I hold A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

There are 9 cards that will make me the nut flush, there is about a 20% chance of me making the nut flush by the river. Assuming there is $400 in the pot, what is the largest bet I should be calling?

I think I definitely call anything <$100

Do I call $100, $125, $150?

I'm thinking even with implied odds, anything above $125 is -EV

Am I correct here?

I have problems seeing odds as a:b and tend to automatically think percentages, that's why I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you will make the flush about 35% from the flop to the river. Thats two cards. If you are calling on bet to see the turn then you have to factor just that one card.

If you are only counting your 9 outs, then your odds are about 1:4.2, probability being about 19% you will catch the flush on the turn. You can definitely call any bet that is less then $95 with a pot this large and be profitable with no implied odds.

For bets bigger then $95, you will have to figure out what your implied odds are and continue from there.