View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: What You Protestants Don\'t Seem to Get

Please give a reason why Jesus spoke in parables and the fact that he said in Mark 4:

[ QUOTE ]
10And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12so that

"they may indeed see but not perceive,
and may indeed hear but not understand,
lest they should turn and be forgiven."

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus himself said that he spoke in parables so that some may be confused and not understand.

I am not denying that God has given us a true transmission, but just that there are times when God muddies the waters. This plays directly into divine sovereignty. God had decreed some for destruction, and this is one of the ways he brings them to reject Scripture. If they truly understood, they wouldn't reject Scripture.

You still haven't given an explanation of Romans 9 which is consistant with your view of God's foreknowledge of future rejection which is denied in Romans 9: 11)

though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call-- (emphasis added)

These actually aren't contradictions per se, since you claim to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, but the problem is that the RCC hasn't infallibly defined predestination as you do, nor has it infallibly defined the extent or scope of tradition. You're standing on air now. It's very easy to be logically consistant when there is nothing to be logically consistant to.

You have also yet to demonstrate a logical contradiction in my words. You've just been offended that I would claim that God muddies the waters, but this is entirely consistant with my system of beliefs.

I don't know why I'm still posting. My points have been made and unanswered. The RCC has not infallibly interpreted any of the verses, so now it's just your opinion against mine. I think this is my last post unless you properly interpret those verses consistant with your views.

Sorry David, I know you have been thoughally entertained by my antics these past few days, but there is only so much time I am willing to devote to debate. NotReady seems to be still going strong though.

*washes hands* *wipes dust*

Matt. 7:6