View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Put him on a range?

Alright, I really don't think this hand is all that interesting from a strategy perspective, plus the stakes are low making it even less interesting. But I really want to get others opinions on what Villian's hand could be. He is on the LAG side and his signature leak is overplaying top pair no kicker. I made certain I would be on his left when we sat down.

Live home game, 4 handed, my friends are cheap and make me play $.05/$.10, NL10. It's an excuse to hang out, whatever.

Stacks (approximate):
UTG ($6)
Button ($11)
SB (Villian) ($17)
Hero ($16)

UTG (Loose bad) makes it $.30 to go, and Button (Tightish and ok - relative term) calls. Villian makes it $.50 (probably goodish hand, I'm figuring top 20% hand). I look down at 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I call (raise to isolate? I figured small favorite big dog situation lets take a flop), UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot: $2.00)

Woot. I thought I saw SB check but he didn't so I check out of turn. He's says "I haven't acted yet", I say "oh". He bets $.75, I think and call, UTG folds Button folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot: $3.50)

He leads for $.75 again, I call.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot: $5.00)

He leads for $2.25, I think and make it $6.25 total, he glances at his stack and reaches for his stack of blacks (in this game a black = $1) makes it $10.25 total, I shrug and say "alright, I'm allin", for $3.40 more. He calls, and I turn over my nuts. He mucks, and refuses to tell us what he had.

So I ask you, 2+2, what do you think he had?