View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 02:40 PM

Default I lost with QQQQ. What are the odds?

I play poker every day and not that long ago, I had the dream cards in my hands. Here’s what happened on Expekt Poker, in NL $5/$10

I got Qd Qh on hand, checked, got raised, then called. The flop showed Qc Qs Ks. I figured that this was my game so I obviously just checked to see if I could get more people with me. What happened from here left me clueless, because I got raised before the turn. I figured that the dude probably had KK or KKK, or perhaps just a bluff. Still, this was no threat to me, so I played on.

On the turn, cards were Qc Qs Ks Ts. I did not see any outs for this guy at all, so I just checked, hoping he would raise once more – and he did. By now, I was sure he had KKK since no one would call a raise or raise three times in a row with only KK with QQ on the table. I called him once more.

The river card appeared. The deck was now: Qc Qs Ks Ts As. Now I knew that all that could beat me was a straight flush, which was quite impossible since the opponent wouldn’t play with the cards that the flop delivered.

Anyway, the opponent went all-in and I called. I lost. He did in fact get a straight flush and my happiness turned into anger. He had the following cards: Js 2c.

It’s obvious that my opponent was a moron since his win was based purely on luck and nothing else. This is still one of the most frustrating losses in my life. I lost a total of $970.

Has anyone else experienced anything of this magnitude?