Thread: Suicide bombers
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Suicide bombers

[ QUOTE ]

And the appropriate term is "homicide-bombers".

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this term and do not think it should be encouraged. (Although FOX News would disagree with me)

The term "Suicide-Bomber" to me clearly implies someone using themselves as a bomb in the middle of a crowded area to inflict potentially fatal harm upon those arround them.

Or as dictionary.com says

[ QUOTE ]

Main Entry: suicide bomber
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: a person who deliberately kills themselves when detonating a bomb or commiting a terrorist act

[/ QUOTE ]

All the term "Homicide-Bomber" does is try to make the term more threatning to justify the "War or Terror".

This is the same bullshit as the term "Sharpshooter" in replace of the word "Sniper".

So let me get this straight ...

US Army shoots somebody in the head from 300 ft = Sharpshooter (implies 'good shot, best at what he does')

Anyone else shoots anybody else in the head from 300 ft = Sniper (implies 'coward, assassin, threat to society)

?

It's funny how the "Wasington Sniper" wasn't called the "Washington Shapshooter" by FOX News.

I highly suggest everybody views the documentary "Orwell rolls in his grave" to fully grasp this subject of terminology and the way words are used in manipulation.

Cheers,
SDM