View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: 109 - SF Draw early on and yet another AK hand

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: You just consumed my entire smoke break at work, thank you very much. Thinking about your 1st one again...In all honestly, I think I could get off having not invested the farm yet. The thing about your push though, is that the very hand we fear he has, in making our push, is the same hand that MIGHT fold to your push - the flush draw. "only" 500+ more is no small chunk of change, when he still has 1000+ back. But we are laying him close to 3:1 to chase his nearly 2:1 draw. Had you had time to go burn one, take a walk or something, maybe you could have ditched it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But I still don't think you can be faulted for pushing this when you did - early or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for taking up the smoke break haha. I'm think that the reraise of my CR means hes not folding. The only thing to think about is his range and what my odds are of winning against those hands. I'm thinking that I prob should have just folded. I like playing draws pretty hard but as it was mentioned some of my outs could be dead (higher flush draw I'm in big trouble and set i lose some flush outs to a board pair). Also I think a big thing is considering how much my EV increases by having a big stack early in the tourney and it's probably not enough to push here unless I'm at least 50/50 which I might not be. Then again if the villan has a pp lower then JJ i'm a favorite. I really really still don't know what to do here. I think if i was in the mood to gambool I would play it the same way again or if I had the time to go and burn one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Maybe if I was opened ended I could push with those extra few outs. I guess if i wasn't in a gambling mood, stoned or open ended I would fold.