View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Question About Taking a Shot

[ QUOTE ]
A winning player should be taking a stab as soon as they feel comfortable. A player who can recognize when they are playing poorly or don't feel comfortable with their BR at a certain limit any more and can move back down can make the jump even sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I'm tired of reading all the "you will go broke with less than 500BB!" bs. As long as you play within your comfort zone and are willing to move down if you take a hit and can't afford another one, even if you're playing well, take the shot. Downswings happen, but they're not guaranteed to happen everytime you take a shot. You might even have an awesome upswing and be within real bankroll requirements within a week or two.

Though, rather than a 20BB shot, I'd rather wait and take a real shot at it. Say, 100BB. If you only sit with 20BB, that's not even a full buy-in. I'm more just concerned with you playing sub-optimally because you might think to yourself "well this is only a small shot so.." and take it less seriously than you should.