View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: RichDad seminars

[ QUOTE ]
I think the whole "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" thing is completely retarded. That book and "The Millionaire Next Door" are basically both handbooks on how to live a miserable life but die with some money in the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a poor interpretation of TMND as well. The only way to go from poverty, or middle class, to wealth, is to spend less than you make. It's a simple law, and the basis of TMND.

Now, you may not want to live as cheaply as some of the millionaires featured in TMND, but through out your life if you want to build wealth you will need to make important choices.

I have a friend who's live-time earnings are well in excess of $5M. He's close to filing personal bankruptcy because his living standards grew with his income, but when his income declined, he was unable to lower his living standards. If he had found a way to live on a mere $250,000 a year, he'd still be rich today.

The key lesson from TMND is to save money. Anyone at practically any income level can do it. As your income grows, try to hold back on buying more things, instead try to save more money. Increase your living standards carefully and wisely. You'll find the freedom having money in the bank much more enriching than a few extra toys.