View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Party 200, getting my 130BB into a 7BB pot oop.

[ QUOTE ]
260(.45)-127 = 10BB

so if we open shove this flop and get called by AA every time the play costs 20 bucks long term.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

This part at least I realize. I semibluff plenty, and it's great when everyone else folds. But at some point it has to become more profitable to wait until a later street to get the money in, right? Either that or your opponents are folding too much and you should bluff every scare card you can. (Again...right?) At some point your flop semibluff must be a big enough multiple of the pot that your equity versus the calling hands isn't enough to make the play even +EV, although we're a long way from this point in the posted hand. With the hand under consideration I think we're only talking about what's most +EV since something _clearly_ is, and if we accept that bet-3bet becomes -EV at some stack size I'm curious when/what other lines come into play. I'm certainly willing to accept that bet-3bet is the best line here - it's what I did, but it felt a little odd given stack/pot ratio and I started thinking about when it wouldn't be good.

How many BB do you need behind to flat-call the flop raise? Or is there always a play you prefer to a call on this flop?