View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Thought, not how much money, how many hands before moving

[ QUOTE ]
The reason that I ask is that it seems I make a LOT of my winnings from people that are really bad. I don't think I am very good, but it is the really bad people that seem to feed me. I will get a nut flush or a nut straight, or a FH, and people will cap.

I am thinking that there may not be that many of these people as I move up, so I have to learn more about grinding out the 3-5 BB pots, which I don't think I do to well now.

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played online below 5-10 for an extended period, so I don't know the intermediate steps that well. But the way to improve your game is to play against some better players, as well as to keep reading these boards. Think about it this way: You might move up to a limit at which you are breakeven or a loser at first, but if you accelerate your learning curve in such a way that you make it 3-6 and above even just a month quicker than you would have otherwise, you probably make money on the deal simply because the earn for a good player there is so much higher than where you are now.