Thread: Priming
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Priming

[ QUOTE ]
It's the number of flops you see and the hands you showdown with that make a tight player. The one thing I noticed is that when I played play-money games, if you took a long time and checked, the other players were likely to check behind, thinking that you'r setting up a trap. Playing in slightly less fake money games (pennies), players are more likely to bet when there's a long pause and a check.

Don't know how it is for higher stakes games.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking in B&M games.

The point is that the number of hands you play IS what makes your table image - but it also helps if you want to show a tight image that you make the table believe that you are getting hands that you COULD call, but are choosing not to.

Its not like this is a central part of my strategy - its really more part of a series of things I do to try and avoid giving anything away through tells - I think its Harrington who says this - by manipulating certain actions on the basis of random factors, you take away the opponent's ability to see tells.

So, for example, let's say whenever your high card is red, you announce your bet before going to your chips, but whenever it is black, only announce as you are putting the chips in the pot - no one is going to be able to read that pattern and, if you are lucky, they will try and ascribe the behavior to a specific pattern that is not there.