View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: May I be the weak/tight contrarian?

[ QUOTE ]
Dear All:

I disagree with the actions and the two recommendations mentioned for the following 3 reasons:

1. I don't like the bet on the flop. This seems like a GREAT check/raise opportunity. But, you want to see what happens in front of you. I would of waited to see if the 4th diamond hits on the turn or the board pairs before risking all my chips frankly. But, that's just me.

3. Lee Jones hammers home the point that SNG's are ALL about getting in the money. Big stack, smick stack, who cares? If you lay down on this one you still have plenty of chips, so why get into it? Get to 3rd place and then start making these kind of calls.

Just some thoughts,

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I disagree, you can't let a flush draw have a free card. You have to define your hand against that board and can't slowplay it. If it went check-check-check and a diamond came on the turn, you'd feel pretty dumb and hopeless. The $250 bet might sucker the flush draw into a bad play, because he's only getting 2-1 on the call and certainly shouldn't pick up any more chips if the 4th diamond falls.

3. Well, I think a big stack would go a long way towards making it into the money. All I'm saying is that the advantage of having a big stack in a short SNG is greater than in a MTT, so if the percentages say call or close to it, this factor ways in favor of making the call.