View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: SNG help you grow

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do you feel playing only SNG's actually helps your game or limits it?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, check that out, i shortened your post, eliminating all the whining, and that's what we got down to.

no, playing only sngs clearly doesn't help "your game" no matter how you define "your game."

it clearly will improve your sng play over time, but there are things that will help your sng play that you can learn more easilly or quickly by playing other games.

it will not help your cash game play as much as say, playing a cash game.

playing nl sngs will basically not help your stud limit ring games atall.

get the picture?

basically playing lots of games in a thinking, non scatterbrained manner helps all of your games. but say, playing a ton of sngs exclusively will not allow you to be successful if you just decide to jump to reasonable stakes NL cash games. why would it? learning why and how you can win at each different game is basically how you get to the core of how "poker" works, but most people can't just jump between games and be an expert or even a winner at a new game instantly.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
i guuess it does sound whiny. Really i didnt mean it to. I was just trying to say that it appears cash games are tougher. By showing i have i could beat a intermediate level of SNG's but got crushed at a lower level of cash games. Thanks for your insight.