Thread: A10o OOP
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: A10o OOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...have many outs...

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? We had a lot of outs on the flop. Now we've lost both our backdoor draws, we're drawing dead to a set, possibly dead to a better ace, we aren't HU, and this would be a crap-ass place to get c/r'd. I stick to my plan and get as cheap a showdown as I can; you are not going to get a flush draw to fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many outs may be overstating the case. However, I'm not betting to fold the flush draw. If SB doesn't checkraise, the only thing I can think we are behind to is 2 pr, and probably not top 2 pr. So a Q or T may give us the best hand (as the board reads now our T would play if we both had AAQQ), or if SB has Q5 an ace may.

And I think most likely if we are called here and not raised, we are winning now.

Getting c/red here would really stink, and I'm not convinced betting out is the best play. If I'm c/red I don't know how I'd play the hand from there (because then I would think SB had trips), which may be the best argument of all for just checking. But when I read the action, my first thought was "bet", and I explained why. I may be overthinking this.

Plus, I'm still lousy at poker, and I have to admit, I haven't seen that many players 3bet the flop and then check the turn (I play .50/1). So my instincts could be wrong.