View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: ABC question about a hand

[ QUOTE ]
Every one is new to this game. I am embarrased to post this but what exactly is the ABC play here and why please.

I raised pre flop, called the flop, should I have played it different?

How about the turn? I have nothing but an over card and the board is beating me.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your thought process on calling the flop?

I guess BB having a Q isn't too likely since so many people would slowplay that. So a majority of the time, you're either ahead already, or behind a 9 or pocket pair. You're getting a decent price, so calling is probably ok. It doesn't seem like raising will accomplish much either.

When BB gets called by both of you and he bets again, he's less likely to have something you're ahead of. Your odds are also worse, so folding seems ok.